Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teaching is Teaching, No Matter Where You Are

Well, after the crazy events of this weekend, this week has been comparatively mundane. Since the temperature is rapidly dropping (around 30 during the day; possible snow tomorrow), I decided to invest in another coat yesterday. I am absolutely in love with it :)


This morning, I walked into the classroom and several of the girls were crowded around a table whispering. Later they came over and gave me this:



The poem that was on the other side of the card:
Lovely teacher, lovely helper teacher. Eyes of periwinkle blue. You are such a pretty creature and I am so liking you. Oh I'm filled with pain and sorrow for my helper teacher is so cute but she won't be here tomorrow because she's just a substitute.
Haha, love these kids :)

Being that Baylor is a Baptist university, they make it part of the program to visit the Baptist Church of Surbiton. That was tonight's activity. About 20 elderly people gathered as we had tea and discussed the traditions of Baylor. Janis and I talked with Duffy, the coordinator of the program on the British end of things. If you picture a traditional English gentleman in your head, that would be Duffy...he's so hilarious!


No comments:

Post a Comment